The third outing of the Tour de Yorkshire cycle race takes place from Friday 28th – Sunday 30th April and the cyclists for both the Men’s and Women’s races will “fly” right through the middle of Masham on Saturday 29th – Stage 2 of the race. Check out the route here and you’ll see the riders will come right through the heart of Masham.
So why not hang out here in Masham and enjoy a day of great excitement plus great food, great beer, shops to browse, activities and a really great Masham atmosphere!
The Women’s race is expected in Masham at around 11:00am and the Men’s at around 4:00pm. So, it’s a full day of excitement with coverage from ITV/ITV4 and Eurosport. The ever-popular promotional caravan is due around an hour before the riders, distributing their usual promos and freebies.
Plans for the day are taking shape and will include…
– Large viewing screen in the Market Square (donated by Harrogate Borough Council)
– Masham Market Festival in market Square with stalls and activities
– Spectacularly huge floor mural in the Market Square, painted by Masham Primary School
– Steam engines and live music
– Refreshments in the Church and the Chapel
– Live music at the Bruce Arms (during the day) and Town Hall (in the evening)
– Cricket (Masham II v Harrogate) on the Rec
– Six-a-side football on the MUGA (tbc)
It will be another great day to remember – watch this space for more details as plans are firmed up!
Nick Reed is co-ordinating Masham’s events on behalf of Masham Parish Council and can be contacted on:
01765 689 702 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information, please call Mashamshire Community Office on 01765 680 200. Email: email@example.com