Mashamshire Community Office has been selected as one of three Masham-based causes to benefit from the Co-op’s Local Community Fund. This means, if you have a Co-op card, when you buy Co-op branded products and services, the Co-op will give us a helping hand.
Click here to register as a Co-op member if you haven’t done already.
BUT… you need to SELECT US as your chosen cause.
So, if you’re already a Co-op member, make sure you click here to select us as your cause.
HOW WILL WE USE THE FUNDS?
We want to thank and celebrate all our volunteers and generate more interest in getting involved in supporting Masham and our community.
This year has been a challenge for all communities. Thanks to some amazing volunteers who’ve stepped up, the Community Office has risen to the challenge. They deserve our thanks for helping us to…
– Keep you all well-informed via the twice weekly newsletter, the Mashamshire Life Facebook Group and the Visitmasham.com website
– Provide hundreds vital prescription collections or shopping trips for people unable to go out
– Make activities available like craft kits to do at home and the book and jigsaw lending service to keep people busy – all in a Covid-secure way
– Pull out all the stops to make the Community Library services available, first via “Select & Collect”, then browsing
– Keep people connected via the public Internet access PCs
– Provide advice about Council Services and signposting to specialist help
– Keep local businesses informed about vital help, guidelines for safe operating and most of all, helping them to promote themselves and keep going
What we’ll do…
Once we’re out the other side of this crisis, Mashamshire Community Office will use the funds raised by the Co-op to arrange an event to celebrate the wonderful work of our volunteers during the pandemic. We will also research what help is needed within our community and organise a campaign to recruit and train new volunteers who want to work together and have a positive impact on our community and its wellbeing into the future.
If you would like to volunteer please email Sarah email@example.com.